The NSW Government has a responsibility to deliver the best outcome for the new Powerhouse museum at Parramatta – in our state’s fastest growing and most diverse region, Western Sydney – and will ensure it is designed with input from the people of Sydney and beyond.
It’s also important the community is involved in the conversation about the planned creative industries precinct at Ultimo, for which a detailed masterplan is being developed.
HOW CAN I HAVE MY SAY?
There will be a range of opportunities throughout the MAAS project planning and build for the community and stakeholders to have their say about both the Parramatta and Ultimo sites.
To keep up-to-date with future consultation activities, register your interest.
During the extended Business Case development in 2017, community and sector consultation reached over 500,000 individuals and businesses through:
- An online survey
- MAAS Project postcards and info sheets distributed through pop-up stalls in Parramatta, Blacktown, Bankstown, Casula, Liverpool, Penrith & Ultimo
- Meetings with key community groups and stakeholders
- Distribution of brochures, translated into four key languages – Chinese (simplified script), Arabic, Vietnamese and Hindi, and upload to the MAAS Project website hyperlinks to brochures in other languages if available
- Distribution of emails to key stakeholders and the subscription database, subscribe.
- Public meetings – two public meetings were held in July 2017, one in Parramatta and the other at the Powerhouse Museum in Ultimo. Summaries of these meetings can be downloaded below.
To keep up to date with all our consultation activities, register your interest at our subscribe page.
Sign up to receive updates on The MAAS ProjectSign up